Recently after a chkdsk and reboot I lost the address bar in Windows Explorer and could not add it back. How do I bring the address bar back?
I have been searching for weeks across many posts and today found a solution that actually works so I wanted to share that:
- Click on Start, then Run
- Type: REGSVR32 /i BROWSEUI.DLL
- Close all Windows Explorer windows
- Bring up the Task Manager
- Kill explorer.exe (which is the running the desktop)
- On the Task Manager, select File, then New Task (Run)
- Type explorer.exe
Open up a new Windows Explorer, the Address Bar should now be visible.