I am using a JVC sound system with my TV, and I recently bought a new center speaker to the JVC. I love using spare gadgets to create something, so I decided to use the replaced center speaker with my self-built desktop computer. Unlike the JVC, my computer has minijack stereo audio outputs instead of speaker terminals. The speaker has a connector identical to the connectors on the back of the JVC. Can I just Y-split the audio signal from the computer minijack and connect one of the signals to the speaker (for example LEFT to red and GND to black)?


Just split a normal TRS audio cable into 3 wires (L, R, GND) or a TS audio cable into 2 wires (L, GND). GND connects to the black terminal, while L or R connects to red.

Stereo minijack pinout:

L - tip, R - ring, GND - sleeve

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.