I have a new MacBook. I don't know the OS, but just got it; it's the cheaper model. I saved a lot of photos on iPhoto and can't figure out how to burn a CD. I tried the "share" function and when I choose a location to save the photos and hit burn I get an error message that says can't create in that location. It needs to be run on a PC or photo processing place.
Burn the disc using the Finder instead of iPhoto.
In the Finder, insert a blank CD or DVD. Your disc will show up on your desktop as a Burn Folder.
- Select the Album(s) you wish to burn to disc.
- Choose File > Export.
- Click the File Export tab.
- Choose a format from the Format pop-up menu. Note: Depending on the source of the images, you may want to select JPEG to ensure compatibility.
- Configure the Size and Name options that you want. Make sure the "Use extension" or "Use filename" option is selected.
- Click Export.
- Select the Burn Folder you created to save the exported photos to and click OK.
- Quit iPhoto when the export has completed.
From your desktop, open your disc's Burn folder and select the "Burn" button (as seen below).
taken from Apple support
- Open iPhoto and under the View menu select Show in Toolbar -> Burn and burn icon will appear on the bottom of iPhoto
- Choose the album you want to burn on the Left panel.
- Click the burn icon in the lower right of iPhoto.