I feel like an idiot asking this question, but I can't seem to find the magic combination. (Or maybe Microsoft's website is broken. I'm not sure which.) Anyway, here's what I'm trying.
- Open SQL server Home Page On Microsoft.com
- Click "Editions".
- Click "Express Edition" in the little box that appears.
- On the page that loads, I click the "Download SQL Server 2012 Express" button.
- On the modal that pops up, I pick one and click its download button. (It doesn't matter which. I get the same result for the few I've tried.)
- A new page opens and presents me with 64 and 32 bit options and language drop downs for each.
- I select English in the 64-bit drop down.
- I click Download.
- The following page about downloading Windows Server 2012 opens and no file is downloaded:
Is there something I'm missing? Surely, I don't need to have Windows Server 2012 to install SQL Server 2012. I've tried a couple different browsers.