It seems that no matter what I do, I cannot get my two computers to work together and join the same Homegroup.
The computers in question:
- Desktop with Win7 Ultimate x64 connected via Wireless Connection
- Netbook with Win7 Home Pro (32 bit) connected via Wireless Connection
- Both show the same network connection, connected through the same wireless router (Linksys WRT310N)
- Both are set to Home Network in Windows
- I can see both machines browsing through the Network Viewer in Windows Explorer
- Disabling the firewall on both machines has no effect on the Homegroup Feature
- Both are using the fully patched RTM version of Windows 7
Does anyone have any ideas? Is there anything else I can test with? Everything I read seems to imply that I should be good to go. Is this a 64bit issue?
What really bothers me is that this would be such a handy feature to have working since the netbook doesn't store much, and the desktop has all of my music/pic/docs etc.