What kind of cable/connector is this? It looks like an HDMI connector, with very similar pins, but it has a slanted edge on only one side and the other side is square.

  • 1
    HDMI has two slanted corners, not just one. – Daniel Beck May 23 '13 at 22:06
  • 4
    @slhck Why was this question closed as "too localized"? There must be millions of these ports and cables out there, and I found this question by searching for "HDMI one side square" -- this was the top Google result and it answered my question immediately. – Johnny May 21 '15 at 4:53
  • 1
    @Johnny The rationale behind closing questions like "Here's an image — what's this?" is that they're not easily searchable and therefore will not help people in the future. In that case, with a little more context and description, it's probably worth keeping it. Thanks for your comment; I reopened the question. – slhck May 21 '15 at 7:09
  • 4
    FWIW, I found this searching for "connector looks like HDMI". So this one is definitely pretty easily searchable. – Brooks Moses Aug 6 '16 at 6:43

This is a DisplayPort — it's pretty common on desktops and quite a few laptops.

  • Worth noting that you can use this kind of port to connect to HDMI cables if you just get a DisplayPort-to-HDMI adapter. They have the same basic job. – Noumenon Mar 27 '16 at 21:29

protected by Community Aug 8 '18 at 0:21

Thank you for your interest in this question. Because it has attracted low-quality or spam answers that had to be removed, posting an answer now requires 10 reputation on this site (the association bonus does not count).

Would you like to answer one of these unanswered questions instead?

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.