For example, in the Keyboard preferences window in System Preferences -> Keyboard, there's two tabs (or at least the equivalent for Windows) called Keyboard and Keyboard Shortcuts. Is there a hotkey to switch between these two ?
I'm not clear on your specific question. Here are a couple of shortcuts that may be helpful.
- Command + Tab = switch between applications
- Command + ~ = switch between windows of an application
- CTRL + Tab = move forward through tabs (in same window)
- CTRL + Shift + Tab = move backward through tabs (in same window)
My personal favorite is to hold Command + Shift and then use
[ to flip left through tabs and
] to flip right.
I finally found the answer. You have to hit Command + [number of desired tab]. e.g. Command+1 takes you to the first 'tab', Command+2 the second, etc etc.
In Firefox on macOS:
- Ctrl + PageUp and Ctrl + PageDown to switch tabs, and PageUp can be simulated with Fn + Up;
- Command + 1 for first tab, etc; and
- Command + 9 for last tab.