How to set the first of the week to be Sunday in the Calendar that is displayed in the System Tray of Windows Vista Home Basic. I tried setting the first day of the week to Sunday in Windows Calendar (thinking that it might work) and yet still it displays the first day of the week to be Monday. Moreover there are not settings available on the System Tray Calendar
On Windows 10:
Right-click on the Taskbar Clock area. Choose
It opens a dialog, with a
Formatssection, where there is a display-only summary of options, including
First day of week. Click the link
Change date and time Formats
On the dialog that now appears, you can choose what one you want on the
First day of weekcombobox.
- If you are on windows 10, here are steps :
- Right click on the date and time area on the taskbar
- click on properties
- in the setting screen, on the upper right hand corner, there will be a search box, type : first
- You will see the option change the date and time format. Click On that.
- on the next screen, first option will be to change the first day of the week.
By default, windows will show Sunday to Saturday... if you want to change it to Monday to Sunday follow these steps.
Step-1 Open control panel (Windows button+X, Select control panel (P))
Step-2 In Clock, Language and Region select Change date, time, or number format
Step-3 In formats tab go to the first day of week select Monday (or whatever the day you would like to start your week)
Step-4 Press Apply and OK.
Now check your system calendar. it's done :)
.reg file with the following content:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [hkey_current_user\control panel\international] "ifirstdayofweek"="0" ; the change is immediate
Either click on it to be imported using graphical confirmation dialog, or use
reg import *.reg command to do the same from the command-line.
- case doesn't matter except in the first line
REG_SZ(string) type is indicated by quotes (
- double quotes are mandatory as single quotes won't work
regcommand is the
;is for adding comments (commenting the line) within the