A friend of mine told me her webcam is not functioning during her Skype call session.
- Running the Skype video test gives the warning "Camera is used by other application
- Searching Asus support found Lifeframe 3 as driver, and re-installed it, but webcam still not functioning. I also ran this LifeFrame but the old warning still exist "camera is used".
- I tried looking with ProcessExplorer which thread uses the webcam, but I don't understand how to read PE.
- Download a 'linux lsusb like' program for Windows, and I see this webcam usb.
- (Under Linux) Heard about Asus ExpressGate, booted to ExpressGate and found webcam can function normally.
- Booted back to windows plugged in external webcam, running Skype and still got the same warning
Anybody can give me further hints to troubleshoot?
My last hope is to re-install windows.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Asus N43SM built-in webcam