Update August 28, 2013: The pull request I submitted has been accepted, so I expect the problem will be fixed at the source, hopefully in release 1.9. If you can't wait, follow the work-around presented below.
- Open your terminal and navigate to
- Use an editor to open the
Info.plist file inside the
Wish.app folder (I used
sudo emacs Wish.app/Contents/Info.plist)
- Add the following two lines to the file, before
</dict> and save it:
- Make the OS reload the info file. This can be achieved with these commands:
sudo cp -R Wish.app WishCopy.app
sudo mv Wish.app WishOriginal.app
sudo mv WishCopy.app Wish.app
- Try running
open Wish.app to see if it worked. If it did, it should work for gitk as well.
- Do the same thing for git gui, but this time do it on the
Git Gui.app (mine was in
Oh, and I should probably mention that I found out about the NSHighResolutionCapable key from the tcl-mac mail-list, specifically from an e-mail by Kevin Walzer.
Here is a screenshot of the nice crisp fonts: