I have a Toshiba Satellite S855 laptop with an RealTek RTL8723AE Wireless Networking card. My laptop runs Windows 7 Home Premium SP1.
For the past couple of days, my wireless internet speed has dropped drastically. It used to be ~18 Mbps, and is now between 1 and 2.5 Mbps. (All tests done with speedtest.net)
My friend's laptop has no such problem, nor do any of my other devices. It's just this PC that's driving me nuts.
I tried the following:
- Restarted the PC (of course)
- Tested wired connection vs Wireless (Wired showed true speed of 18 Mbps)
- Uninstalled and re-installed the Wireless driver
- Deleted the wireless driver, downloaded and installed fresh from Toshiba
- Ran a total virus/malware scan using Kaspersky Internet Security 2013
- Flushed DNS, tried ipconfig release/renew
- Tried Google DNS (184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11)
- Restarted/Reset the wireless router
- Checked wireless speed from Ubuntu 13.04 (dual boot) - this gave me ~6 Mbps, but then, Ubuntu has always been a bit slow on Internet connectivity
- Enabled Guest user profile and checked speed from the Guest profile - no improvement
I am literally at my wit's end now. It would be great if I get some help on this please!