How do i convert a series of pngs of 16,24, 32, 48, 64, 128 to one *.ico file
You could try IcoFX. It's free and it works great. A few of the many features include:
- Batch processing for handling multiple files
- Import image dialog, for creating icons from images
- Resolutions up to 256x256
- Data types: 2, 16, 256, True Color, True Color + Alpha
- Import / export images (transparency also) from bmp, jpg, gif, png, jp2
- Create icon from an image with a single click
Assuming those images are the same image resized, you could also just import the largest size and use IcoFX to size the original down for the smaller sizes you want to include.
Of course, this won't help you if you're not using Windows.
If you use Paint.NET, you can try this plug-in:
png2ico is a command-line tool to convert PNG files into icons.