If you don't want to use extensions, you can focus tabs using
Now you're in tab-selection mode, and can use the keyboard for a variety of tab-editing tasks.
- Move cursor: Left or Right
- Move tabs: Ctrl+Left or Ctrl+Right
- Move to the beginning or end: Ctrl+Shift+Left or Ctrl+Shift+Right
- Enter focuses the page.
This also works very nicely with tab groups:
- Create new groups by pressing Menu,Down,Right,Enter,Name of group,Enter
- You can move tabs into groups with Ctrl+Arrow
- Expand or fold group by moving the cursor to the group label and press Enter
- Change group settings by pressing Menu
I currently don't know of a way to select multiple tabs.
If you are remapping these shortcuts using AutoHotKey or macros, use Ctrl+L, Shift+F6 to focus tabs, and Ctrl+L, F6 to focus the page. These shortcuts work from anywhere, regardless of what is currently focused.