I've searched this thoroughly and haven't found any solutions. There are no duplicates that I've found thus far.
I'm running Windows 7, and just today (not following any Windows updates, driver updates or any major changes), I cannot click on anything. Clicking anywhere simply takes the current window out of focus. The only thing that I can click on is the start menu and any start menu items.
What I've tried so far (with no success):
- Yes, I've rebooted
- I tried a different mouse
- I have the same problem in Safe Mode
- I have the same problem after a system restore
- Killing explorer.exe fixes the problem for about 30 seconds, then back again
- Event Viewer shows nothing I can see related to the problem
- I have them same problem when I take remote control of the machine through LogMeIn (therefore not a hardware problem)
CHKDSK, both with no errors reported
Any idea what could possibly cause this?