I need some help identifying a cable that I found in my house. I hope this is the right place to ask it. It said computer hardware, so a cable would count right?

Anyway, I took a couple of pictures and hope someone can identify it. I thought it was micro USB, but that doesn't seem correct when I compared it to the pictures I saw on the web. The other end of the cable is just a regular USB that plugs into any USB port on a computer.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Here is the bottom part:

enter image description here

Here is the top part:

enter image description here

Here is my attempt at taking a pic of the inside:

enter image description here

  • 1
    At first instance it looks like Mini-USB cable but it is not. Looks like some sort of proprietary cable with USB interface. Any brand/company names stamped on the cable? Commented Aug 13, 2013 at 0:50
  • I vaguely recall seeing similar cables off VERY cheap chinese made cameras. It MIGHT be a mini A
    – Journeyman Geek
    Commented Aug 13, 2013 at 1:04

3 Answers 3


That is a I-USB7 cable.

It acts just like a normal usb cable, but the connector is shaped differently than the standard mini connector.

It was commonly used on Pentax Cameras http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/136826-pentax-usb-lead.html

It may also be a CB-USB7 cable which was used on Olympus cameras. However CB-USB7 were thinner if I remember correctly.

  • Thanks a lot. So this cable can only be used with Pentax cameras or does any other device has this type of connector? I don't have a Pentax camera, so I still can't figure out what gadget this cable came with. Commented Aug 13, 2013 at 1:47
  • Other vendors like cannon, and olympus also used proprietary connectors for a time. I've also seen camcorders that used either the I-USB7 or the CB-USB7.
    – spuder
    Commented Aug 13, 2013 at 1:58
  • I've seen either similar or the same connector on Canon, Nikon, and Kodak cameras. All were slightly different, and, without seeing it in person, I couldn't tell you which it was from. It could also be from another device from an Asian manufacturer. Commented Aug 13, 2013 at 13:06

This is actually a proprietary connector used primarily for Digital Cameras. Its a UC-E6 connector - I have one on the data cable connector for my Pentax K5. The connector also fits a small HD cube camera that I picked up on AliBaba a couple years back. They are difficult to source.


This is a very common kind of cable, I think the others have explained it, but you find it fits in camera's, nook, ps3 pad possibly. Just see if it fits, and then you'll know.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .