Current System: Windows XP SP3, German
There seems to be a virus on the system as Avast told. After this message the following steps were done:
- Remove all items from autostart using autoruns
- Removed all unneeded applications by using uninstaller
- Firefox uninstalled
- Internet Explorer uninstalled (only IE8 could be uninstalled)
- Thunderbird uninstalled
- SpyBot installed and system scanned
- Security Essentials installed and scanned
But avast anti virus software throws messages when going to the internet by system Internet Explorer 6.0. Also avast blocks all webpages and connections. It is not possible to download any anti-virus software or anything else. In case there is no running software found in Task manager (all users visible) which are unknown, it seems to be a misterious situation.
I found similar questions but because internet is blocked by avast, people could not find any answer and no solution is available.
Could this message true or is it wrong?