In windows 8, I love how I can switch to Japanese input by pressing [Win key] + [space bar].

Can I do this in Windows 7 without auto hotkey or special programs?

  • You mean instead of the default Alt + Shift? – Austin T French Oct 11 '13 at 23:45
  1. your default switch language shortcut should be 'Shift'+'Ctrl'
  2. download Autohotkey (http://autohotkey.com)
  3. install and run it
  4. right click by icon in tray menu -> 'Edit This Script'
  5. remove or comment (each comment line started with ';') existed script
  6. copy-paste this:

#Space:: WinWait, Program Manager, Send, {CTRLDOWN}{SHIFTDOWN}{SHIFTUP}{CTRLUP}

  1. save changes and close editor
  2. if autohotkey program not running after restart, you should manually added it to autorun
  • Cannot even launch Autohotkey. script not found just after installation lol – Даниил Пронин Dec 10 '15 at 1:10
  • But the question was specifically WITHOUT "autohotkey"... – ankostis Sep 28 '18 at 5:40

Go to start -> Type Language -> Change Keyboard or other Input Languages -> Go to the Keyboards and Languages Tab, and choose change keyboards. -> Change Key sequence...

But, it appears that key sequence is not supported / present.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.