I'm using David InfoCenter as email software, and I have troubles with some of my emails in Russian. It's only a few letters, in some emails (sent from different people), like for example the "R" ("Р" in russian) will be shown as a "Т". In other emails in Russian, the problem doesn't appear. Isn't it strange? Has anyone had the same problem already and found what causes it?
When I transmit that email to an external mailbox (internet email account), it's even worse, and gives me symbols instead of all Russian letters.
The default encoding was "Russian (ISO)", I changed it to "Russian (Windows)", but same problem. Another weird reaction is when I write an internal email and name it "Test" in Russian (Тест), with Тест in the text window, it changes the title to "Oano"? But the content stays in Russian.
With Mailinator I got the following, for message and subject "Тест":
Subject: ???? [..] MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_000_00017783.4AF7FB71" This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. ------_=_NextPart_000_00017783.4AF7FB71 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 0KLQtdGB0YI= ------_=_NextPart_000_00017783.4AF7FB71 Content-Type: text/html; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 PCFET0NUWVBFIEhUTUwgUFVCTElDICItLy9XM0MvL0RURCBIVE1MIDQuMCBUcmFuc2l0aW9uYWwv L0VOIj4NCjxIVE1MPjxIRUFEPg0KPE1FVEEgaHR0cC1lcXVpdj1Db250ZW50LVR5cGUgY29udGVu dD0idGV4dC9odG1sOyBjaGFyc2V0PXV0Zi04Ij4NCjxNRVRBIG5hbWU9R0VORVJBVE9SIGNvbnRl bnQ9Ik1TSFRNTCA4LjAwLjYwMDEuMTg4NTIiPjwvSEVBRD4NCjxCT0RZIHN0eWxlPSJGT05UOiAx MHB0IENvdXJpZXIgTmV3OyBDT0xPUjogIzAwMDAwMCIgbGVmdE1hcmdpbj01IHRvcE1hcmdpbj01 Pg0KPERJViBzdHlsZT0iRk9OVDogMTBwdCBDb3VyaWVyIE5ldzsgQ09MT1I6ICMwMDAwMDAiPtCi 0LXRgdGCPFNQQU4gDQppZD10b2JpdF9ibG9ja3F1b3RlPjxTUEFOIGlkPXRvYml0X2Jsb2NrcXVv dGU+PC9ESVY+PC9TUEFOPjwvU1BBTj48L0JPRFk+PC9IVE1MPg== ------_=_NextPart_000_00017783.4AF7FB71--