My computer specifications are as follows:
- Intel Core 2 Duo E5300 2.6 GHz
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo v1.3
- ATI Radeon HD 4300
- Windows 8.1 (for now... maybe I will go back to Windows 7)
I am planning to upgrade my VGA card as it doesn't support StarCraft 2 at maximum graphics. In Windows Experience Index in Windows 7 everything was high except graphics.
I have been investigating possible options and was thinking in ATI Radeon HD 7870 (Another option is Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 or 680 but they are expensive). I read in the specifications they have PCI-Express 3.0.
My questions are:
- Is PCI Express 3.0 compatible with old motherboards PCI-Express like my GA-G41M has? Do they have the same slot?
- Is it overkill? Having PCI Express 3.0 or 4K Video maybe is too much for such an old motherboard