My Intel motherboard suddenly sparked and caught fire. I was able to quickly turn off the fire and upon inspection discovered that a chip near the processor area has burned out.
Can anyone tell me what this chip is and why did it catch fire spontaneously? I didn't see any damage on any of my other hardware, but I haven't and the chance to test them so how likely is it that other hardware components are affected by this as well?
This has been running OK for nearly two years now.
I have attached the images of the Motherboard with the CPU fan and both the components separately. The burned part and nearby area has noticeably turned black.
I have always thought that Intel components were of highest quality, although I'm not so sure, will some one be able to clarify whether this is a normal occurrence in any manufacturer or if I'm just misguided?