I am using Firefox with Vimperator. On Mac I use Shiori to bookmark. I also use Pinboard's default add-on (on both Mac and Windows, but mainly on Windows as there's no Shiori).
When I used to bookmark, I had this behaviour[A] (before changing Vimperator options):
- Pinboard add-on would fetch the title as
xyz websitewhich was fine (I reckon it directly fetches
- But after installing and starting to use Shiori the title I was getting in its "title" field was
xyz website - Vimperatorexactly the same what I could see in tabs (seems it's getting what the browser is feeding it).
:set titlestring= in Vimperator to remove that extra
Vimperator from title.
Now, this is what I am getting [B]:
- When I try to bookmark using Pinboard add-on the title is
- Using Shiori it results in
xyz website - undefined.
I tried to change it back to original[C]
:set titlestring=Mozilla Firefox (assuming this was the original, before Vimperator) but the results are still the same as [B].
How to get read of that extra
- undefined or that extra
- Vimperator or
- Mozilla Firefox for that matter, while bookmarking pages either with Pinboard add-on or Shiori?
One workaround is, instead of no string just add a
white-space while setting title in Firefox via Vimperator there but that results in
- appended to titles.