I'm drawing autoshape in Word 2003 like this:

enter image description here

Is there anyway I can draw that shape over an existing image? I cant seem to get that done on existing image. I tried pasting the image in Word, but I cant emboss the autoshape on it.

Note: I know I should be using real image editing tool for this purpose, but the reason I use Word 2003 is that it has amazing autoshapes. I tried with MS Paint, but it doesnt have a cool curve drawing feature like as shown in the picture above, and the built in shapes are pretty limited. Or is there a image editing tool tool which have many auto shape templates built in as in Office suite? Should be lightweight so that I can quickly download a copy.. I dont need any other heavy features..

  • If Paint doesn't meet your requirements, then I think you should try more powerful drawing program (like Inkscape). Using a word processor for drawing doesn't sound reasonable to me.
    – gronostaj
    Nov 23 '13 at 18:49
  • @gronostaj thanks for the help. Yes I really want a simple drawing software lil more powerful than MS Paint. I tried gimp but it doesnt have it too (it seems its an image editing software!). I will try Inkscape.
    – nawfal
    Nov 23 '13 at 19:07

Google's online drawing (which is a part of google docs) does have this. I was after this kind of curve drawing. Some information here.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.