I get Batman GOTY edition, but I can't run it: I have something like 1 or 2 FPS or I get the error
?FRA?Launch.Errors.Error.FailedToCreateD3D9Device?, it depends on the selected driver.
As far as I understand, they are 2 GPU in my Laptop : the Intel HD 4000 and the AMD Radeon HD 7670M. The first one is used when normal tasks are performed (FF, OOo...), and the second one is used only on heavy tasks such as Gaming. I get 2 FPS when the computer does not switch the GPU (he keep the Intel), and the error because of driver issues. Apparently the drivers does not support W8.1.
WHAT I HAVE DONE :
I didn't write all that during my manipulations. So I may have forgotten some part or be mistaken.
- I installed DirectX. It said that I have already installed it.
- I burnt a CD with my documents (just in case).
- I made a Recovery Key when I received my laptop,? Unfortunately, I don't know why, it worked for a while but it is no more recognized by the BIOS.
- Update GPU driver :
- Using SW Update. I got an error (-10).
- Using SW Update, but in the section
Find a model, and then Download the Config file for my laptop, I got a folder on my desktop, with the driver AMD 126.96.36.1990 (471MB), with folders and a file, Setup.exe (which I ran). When rebooting, I got a black screen, where I can move the pointer. It kept black, and sometimes I saw for a second parts of the UI (Wifi...). The lights kept on, and the computer worked, only the screen mattered (when I disabled the touchpad using Fn keys, I couldn't move the pointer using the touchpad no more). I am forced to make an hard a reboot in Safe Mode and change drivers. That let me think that this is because of the GPU Driver.
- Using the Windows Drive Manager, then GPU, AMD Radeon 7670M, Driver, Update. Didn't work I think.
- Using the latest beta drivers. The version 188.8.131.52 (29/11/13) didn't work. Black screen I think.
- for the Intel Card. Went on Intel's website, problems while installing (it said that I ought to use manufacturer's wizard)
- Using Samsung Website. Didn't worked.
- Ran AMD CAtalyst Center : no parameter configured.
- W/o doing anything, a error popped up saying Catalyst Control Center has stop
DRIVER VERSIONS RELEASE DATES
- AMD 184.108.40.206 : 11/02/13 : before handles
- AMD 220.127.116.110 : 18/09/13 : downloaded from
Find a modelin SW Update
- AMD 18.104.22.168 : (29/11/13) : latest beta driver (mobility)
DRIVER VERSION COMBINATION
Intel Driver Version Asked + AMD Driver Asked (= Intel Version Got + AMD Version Got) = Result
Microsoft Defaut Driver + AMD v22.214.171.124 = Black screen at startup
Microsoft Defaut Driver + AMD v126.96.36.199 = Black screen at startup
Microsoft Defaut Driver + AMD v188.8.131.52 = Black screen at startup
Intel 4000 v8.982.6.0 + 184.108.40.206 = Intel 4000 v8.982.6.0 + ??? v8.982.6.0 (detected as amd but same version as Intel) = start properly but D3D9 failed when running BM GOTY.
Go here on my-config.com
NB : I am french so translations of names can be false.