On linux I can move FF tabs using Ctrl-PgUp and Ctrl-PgDn. What do I do on Mac OS X (Darwin)?

Note that I do not even have PgUp and PgDn keys here.

I can switch between tabs using Cmd-Alt-RightArrow and Cmd-Alt-RightArrow and Cmd-Shift-[ and Cmd-Shift-], but I want to move the tabs themselves.


When you don't have a PgUp or PgDn key, the fn key is your friend.

To do what you want, in Firefox, use (ready?) Ctrl-Shift-fn-UpArrow and Ctrl-Shift-fn-DownArrow. At least this works in Firefox 26 on Mac OS 10.8.5.

Plus, you need long fingers ;)

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.