How do I copy and paste the text (not the formulas) from one Calc sheet to another in OpenOffice?
- Select the cells you want to copy, and use Ctrl-C to copy them.
- Select the cell where you want to copy the cells.
- Open the Edit->Paste Special menu.
- In the Selection section, ensure that the Paste All and Formulas options are not selected. Select all other options in that section.
- Click OK, and the cells will be copied without the formulas.
In my case the accepted answer did not work, as it copied just the header of the column but no data.
What eventually worked out for me was:
- Select cells to copy
- Copy them (Either
Right click -> Copy)
- Right click where you want to paste and select
Paste Only -> Number
Note that if you select
Paste Only -> Text you will get a similar result but with just the data that was text (and not numbers). Hope this helps someone.