This question already has an answer here:
- How to add a new kernel to grub2 6 answers
Please anybody help me!
I am building kernel from source code downloaded from http://kernel.org. I successfully built it and installed modules. Now i want that my kernel option should come at the boot time and i want to select it. After doing some search on google
i copyed bzImage in /boot folder. i copyed System.map file in /boot folder
Now i want to make a entry for kernel at boot time. I know that i have to make changes in "/etc/grub.d/" and "/etc/default/grub" after that i will have to run "update-grub" but problem is that how i will set fields.
- set root='(hd0,msdos6)'
- search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root c291827c-6678-4067-ad09-01481681a9f9
- echo 'Loading Linux 3.5.0-45-generic ...'
- linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.5.0-45-generic root=UUID=c291827c-6678-4067-ad09-01481681a9f9 ro recovery nomodeset
- echo 'Loading initial ramdisk ...'
- initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.5.0-45-generic
These are some of the fields but i do not know how to get value of uuid, what to set in root (like hd0,msdos6), what is its meaning , how to get initial ramdisk image?
Please do not say that this question is similar to this or that question. I have searched it already at google and stack overflow but nothing solved my problem , all i got is 100s of tab opened in my browser.
My Requirements :-
How to get uuid for new kernel image? what is (hd0,msdos6)? how to get this value for new kernel image?
Plesae help me!