Cannot map network drives using 'net use' while elevated as an administrator is the previous question, and this is somewhat of a follow-up.
So here's what I've done over the last few months:
- Mapped two network drives as normal user (username Joey, only user on JOEY-LAPTOP, my laptop)
- Get "Access Denied" error whenever I try to write to files on the network drive - can read and execute just fine but cannot save files to it etc.
- Unmapped network drives, ran Windows Explorer as administrator and remapped them - this fixed nothing
- Tried using
net use, that failed, so I asked this question and received the answer
- Mapped network drives using
net useas administrator, then used
takeownto transfer ownership to user Joey on system JOEY-LAPTOP (
- Still get access denied error
I'm not trying to do anything across different computers - I'm only using my laptop. I'm pretty sure this has been happening since I wiped my laptop and reinstalled my OS.