So I installed a new fan and upon turning on the computer there was a huge spark with loud bang. Everything stopped working until I unplugged power from motherboard. Now upon boot, computer says one of the fans has failed. Works otherwise. Upon close inspection I see a broken transistor (not sure proper terminology). I mean it cracked open.
The computer is working OK, but I keep worrying about sparks and hence a fire problem. It may not happen immediately. Can someone, with deeper knowledge in hardware, advise whether motherboard change should be done or I shouldn't worry about this or what are the concerns with this situation?
I've included the photo of the damage below, its right next to the fan connector (which now stays unplugged). The model of this seems to be PA102FDG.