I am running Emacs inside a virtual machine, and are experiencing redrawing problems when scrolling or adding/removing lines of text. It seems only a small portion of the window is being redrawn, causing some lines to be repeated and others to be obscured.
I have not experienced any similar problems with other applications inside the virtual machine.
The problem is present whether I run the virtual machine in fullscreen or windowed mode.
This is my setup:
- Windows 7 Pro 64-bit host OS
- nVidia GTX 770 graphics card with latest drivers
- VirtualBox 4.3.6
- Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit guest OS
- VirtualBox Guest Additions installed
- 3D acceleration enabled
- Cinnamon 2.0.14 desktop environment
- Emacs 24.3.1
My workaround for now is to run Emacs in terminal mode, but I would prefer a solution that makes it work properly in its own graphical window.