Here's my situation:
- I bought Win8 from the internet when it was 30 dollars.
- I upgraded it to Win 8.1
- I do not have a CD/DVD drive.
- In order to install it, I created a disk partition from my 64GB SSD and placed all the installation files in there (Z:\ partition).
- As a result, I have C:\ with 55GB for the OS to run and 3GB in the Z:\ as my Windows Installer.
- To install, I simply booted the Z:.
Today, I turned on my computer and it got the blue screen of death with a sad face. I tried to use System Restore without any luck.
My last resort is to use Windows Refresh.
- When I try to refresh it, my computer asks for a Windows Media (CD/USB?).
- When I boot the Z:\ and try to refresh it, it asks me to choose which boot I want to repair. Of course, I'm going to choose the Windows 8.1 boot option. It then tells me that The drive that Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.
How can I unlock the Windows drive (C:) and repair it from Z:?
Note: My Windows will not start. Everytime I try, it crashes under the 0xc0000021a error and no System Restore option fixed it.