I have Lubuntu 13.10 at my Macbook 6.1 (GeForce 9400M video card) - can't make LCD brightness control work with native nVidia drivers (while it works fine with X.Org nouveau driver...).
Tried so far:
- Used nvidia-173 driver - Xserver doesn't even start
- Used nvidia-304 and nvidia-304-update drivers
- Used nvidia-319 driver:
- nvidia-bl-dkms from mactelPPA - doesn't even installed
- mbp-nvidia-bl-dkms from mactelPPA (maverick) and pommed
- nomodeset grup param - falls back to the original X.Org driver
- acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=vendor and acpi_osi=Linux grub params
- acpi_osi='!Windows 2012' grub param
- adding /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/10-nvidia-brightness.conf with correct settings
and all possible combinations of the above - nothing helps (
Finally found almost my case (the difference is that mine is not Macbook Pro 6.1, it's just Macbook 6.1) - but still doesn't help since I've actually tried that already.
So does anybody know, is it even possible to make LCD brightness controls work with nVidia drivers at Macbook 6.1?? Can't it be because I'm using Lubuntu, not Ubuntu? Any other suggestions 'cause I'm totally stuck (