If I type a long paragraph which was intended to be written totally in small letters and later if i find that i have written it in Capital letters by keeping caps lock on by mistake,then is there any shortcut or process to convert that paragraph into small without typing it again?

closed as unclear what you're asking by slhck Feb 2 '14 at 12:08

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    What operating system? What word processor? Without knowing that, the question is unanswerable. – slhck Feb 2 '14 at 12:09
  • OS is windows xp.Any word processor. – Devgeet Patel Feb 3 '14 at 4:25

It depends on where are you typing it? Most text editors allows selected text to be converted to upper case or lower case.

If your are using MS word, then you can do it like this: How do I convert lower case text to uppercase text in Microsoft Word?


There are no shortcuts for that built into any operating systems by default (Windows, Mac, or even Linux), but there are plenty of online utilities (and probably downloadable ones too) that you can use very easily. Here is one: http://convertcase.net/ and you can find a bunch more if you google capital to lowercase converter.

An interesting sidenote: many programming languages have methods like toLower() or toUpper() etc, that makes these tools really easy to create.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.