I have an Intel S5520SC server board setup in a barebones test bench.
- Board has 1x E5540 (an approved processor that at one time worked in this board)
- Also tested on another E5540, issue persists
- 2x 2GB RDIMMS (tested, supported and installed in the correct positions)
- Windows 7 Pro x64 newly installed
- A known good simple graphics card
- Completely default BIOS settings
- All firmware up to date
- A more than capable PSU, both 24 and 8 pin connectors firmly connected
- Ran the OS drive through a checkdisk and it passes
I've zeroed this board as far as I can, I've narrowed the issue down as far as I can. Yet for some reason I'm experiencing a periodic CPU spike (about once a second).
I believe something on the board is causing the interrupts (given that this issue started after the board was in storage), I just don't know how to proceed in my diagnostics.
So given a periodic CPU spike registering on resource manager as "system interrupts" how should I proceed in testing / what can I do?