All antivirus software I've come across (so far)
- has an installer;
- runs in the background (usually via drivers);
- uses up a lot of CPU and/or RAM bandwidth;
- very rarely finds any virus (as viruses are pretty uncommon these days).
I'd like a very simple antivirus:
- no installer (.7z is fine);
- no drivers, only one application, only runs in the foreground;
- only scans what I tell it to scan (i.e. .exe files I downloaded and such).
Is there such a thing? Or anything close? (If you make it, I and the rest of the superuser community will buy it!)