I'm having a slight delay (50-200 ms estimated) with keyboard input (code editing) from within Visual Studio 2013. The problem does not occur with Visual Studio 2010. When typing, there is a slight delay before the key displays on the screen. I don't know if this is something I can fix.
Here's some things that may narrow down the issue.
- I've used msconfig to close programs.
- I have a dual monitor setup, with 1920x1080 resolution on both (1700 MB total video memory according to dxdiag)
- Using a laptop, quad-core i7, 8 GB RAM
- Windows 7, 64-bit
- Problem occurs in Visual Studio 2013 (Professional), code editing (including VS2013 safe mode) (meaning, don't mention plugins in your answer if you want a vote) - See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms241278(v=vs.120).aspx for an explanation of what safe mode does.
- Problem does not occur in Visual Studio 2010
- Problem does not occur in notepad
- Sometimes it can get worse if the computer has been running for days, restarting temporarily improves it (but still a bit more delay than VS2010)
Obviously Visual Studio 2013 is newer and has more bells and whistles, maybe one of these features creates some additional overhead involved with inputting code. Any ideas that could improve this will be helpful. I prefer solutions which are simpler, but I'll take what I can get.