I finally upgraded my work PC to Window's 8.1 Pro on Monday (from 8 Pro), but since then I have been having problems with websites not loading correctly. This issue is occurring in both Firefox 27.0.1 and IE11.
The website I'm trying to view does usually partially load but will not completely load. The spinner in the tab shows there is activity and clicking links does not work. In Firefox I see at the bottom the page
Transferring data for www.wherever.com (IE doesn't show this though).
I use Firebug so have investigated the issue in Firefox with that, and it seems one of two things is happening -
- Not all scripts/styles/images/etc are loading and never do.
- All of scripts/styles/image/etc are loading but the HTML Response for the page I'm trying to view is truncated, with only a portion of the page making it to the browser.
I initially tried the obvious things -
- Firefox -> History -> Clear Recent History...
- Browsing and Download History
- Form & Search History
- Active Logins
- Internet Explorer -> Tools -> Internet options -> (General) -> Delete...
- Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies and website data
- Disable all anti-virus
This didn't work so I tried reinstalling Firefox (and uninstalling IE11 entirely), but that also didn't work.
This is in a corporate environment where PFSense is used to manage the leased line connection that is being used, so there is no router in play that could be causing a problem. Besides, every other PC is connecting to these websites just fine (this is the only Windows 8/8.1 machine in the business).
I'm also fairly certain that it cannot be the network card as I have been successfully connected to several Terminal Servers since the upgrade without issue.
I'm now at a for what could be causing this, so I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.