Suppose I have a 2TB disk full of files, and a second 2TB disk, both internal to my desktop. I'd like to use this for backup.
- Concerned about disk failure
- Not concerned about accidental deletion, physical thieves, viruses, fire, etc.
- File value is more 'inconvenience' than 'vital', essential files are backed up elsewhere.
- Any solution must work on Win7 && linux (i.e. if I have a separate solution for each platform, it has to handle changes made by the other OS's)
- Entire disk is one partition
- System files for all OS's are not on this disk.
1) What do I want? Some kind of RAID? Some other kind of disk mirroring?
2) Do I want something hardware-level? Or will software work across multiple OS's?