Appologies if I am misusing/abusing specifications.
Question: Is it possible to send serial signals via the PC's COM port? Is it further possible to split this port somehow and send signals to two different devices?
Motivation: My end game is to accomplish the following
- Generate serial signals such as "0101U" (see here, last page)
- Send these signals from a linux computer through an RS232 cable
- Send those signals from the RS232 cable to a CAT5 ethernet cable
- Send those signals from the Cat5 ethernet cable to a Somfy URTSII interface device
- Get Somfy URTSII interface device to control roller blinds.
- Accomplish this for 2 Somfy URTSII devices
My initial thoughts were to control the Somfy URTSII device with a single Raspberry Pi, by purchasing an RS232 cable with a built in level converter, and then a DB9 to RJ45 connector, and building two of these, one for each Somfy URTSII device. However, if I can control the devices (either one or both) from the PC's COM port, I will save about $35-$70.