Yes, this is "similar" but not the same to this other post.
Device is MSI MS-1756 (GE70 0NC) Specs here
BIOS Ver E1756IMS.10F 12/28/2012 15:13:13
EC 1756EMS1 Ver 4.0 10/30/2013 OS Windows 7 SP1
This laptop has been a decent laptop for my wife. However about a week ago (just past the 1 y warranty) the laptop's keyboard and mouse stopped working in Windows 7. USB External keyboards and mice work fine. Keyboard works in the BIOS.
Here is the grind:
- Keyboard works in BIOS.
- Keyboard works in DOS.
- Keyboard works in Linux CLI.
What I have tried:
- "Resetting EC" unplug laptop, remove battery let set (left it for a whole day)
- Flash BIOS version RESET EC again.
- Flash EC Version.
- Boot without battery installed.
- Re-Install Windows (KB & Mouse don't even work in Windows Setup or PE)
- Ubuntu 13.10 LiveCD KB Doesn't work in GUI, However booting into text mode KB does (kinda).
- Windows 8, Tried to install and nothing..
It has something to do with ACPI, If I boot the LiveCD hit ESC then F6 select "acpi=off" then enter, then the laptop keyboard works in the Ubuntu GUI, but the trackpad doesn't.