This error message started popping up in Excel as soon as I hit cut or copy. I don't know when it started or why and it happens every time. Running Windows 7, with Office 2013 Pro.
When researching this issue, I found a bunch of solutions which I may update here later.
None however, worked for me, personally.
In the end, the culprit was Actual Windows Manager / Actual Multiple Monitors which has an option for "enabling a [system-wide] clipboard history" which you can set as deep at 25 entries.
Upon more research, I've come to the conclusion that other/any 3rd party program that hooks into the windows clipboard could cause the same issue. So, I suggest you look at this option before any others, as it's a quick test/fix:
- I disabled the clipboard history option in Actual Windows Manager
- then tried the cut or copy in Excel again, the error was gone
- In my case, I did not need to restart either Excel or AWM, but I would suggest trying both if this solution doesn't work for you right off the bat
- If there's no simple option for disabling, try closing or killing (in task manager) any process related to the suspected 3rd party program
- Obviously, you can re-enable the 3rd party program/option again when you're not using excel, or just live with the error.
Further info: I've also read about this occurring with TeamViewer, when enabling the "syncing clipboard between the local host and the remote session" option