When I type a long sentence (or more than one sentence) into more than one cell in a row and apply the Text Wrap option to these cells, the cells have an extra blank line on the bottom of them. There are no extra spaces after my text. I have put the cursor at the end of the text and used the Delete key.
My text is formatted to be aligned to the Top and Left.
- The Auto Format Height option does not get rid of the extra blank line.
- Adjusting the width of the cell doesn't help.
- I tried copying/pasting the text into Notepad and then back into Excel to try to get rid of any formatting. That did not work.
- I am not using Bold, Italic or any other font setting. I am using the default font when I am entering the text.
- I have searched the Format Cells window. Nothing there gets rid of this extra blank line.
Is there some other setting I can use to get rid of this extra blank line? I realize that Excel isn't really made for word processing. But, I need to enter in comments on this sheet and use the Text Wrap feature.
I am using Office/Excel 2007 for Windows.