As a software engineer willing to know more about hardware, I have started the dangerous quest of mounting my home computer myself.
The part I've been struggling the most so far is screwing things (like, literally), and after an hour working with the screws of death, I believe I have found hell on earth:
- My power supply is a Be Quiet! Power Zone (650W)
- I'm using a manual screwdriver (as I am not going to buy an electric one for mounting one single computer)
- The case is a Corsair 230T black (who'd have thought this was black?)
- The screws are the only available in the PSU box, which makes the choice rather easy
- I've tried with screws from the case package, and I really don't want to talk about this failure
- I thought if I manage to insert one properly, the other would be easy. Nope. Out of pure luck, I eventually managed to screw the top-left one properly and yet am still struggling with the others.
- It seems the screws need to be 100% precisely inserted, or they will no go further than 2 (what am I saying, it's even 1) turn with the screwdriver.
- I'm thinking the screws don't go further because they're not exactly centered (just a tiny bit to the left or to the right...)
Needless to say, the power supply is not moving in the case any more and I'm very tempted to leave it as is though that doesn't sound like a terribly good idea.