I need some help with our network setup. Here are some facts before I ask questions: -
- My ISP provided a static public IP (and a subnet mask) that I set as WAN-facing on my router.
- The router uses DHCP to NAT to several LAN devices. All devices are able to access internet without problems.
- All LAN devices are on same LAN subnet.
- We have leased 5 additional public static IPs for use with our 5 servers. These servers are required to be publicly accessible without having to go through VPN.
- These static public IPs are on a subnet that is different (again, different) from subnet in fact# 1 above.
- ISP refuses to provide static IPs that are on same subnet as in fact#1.
- My router supports VLAN.
Now the questions: -
- How should I configure my router to accommodate the 5 public servers? I know every router is different but a simple 1-2-3 in English will be helpful.
- I have 5 public IPs but what should be the subnet mask and gateway to be set on each of the 5 servers?
Thanks for reading.