A remote linux PC with a wavecom gprs modem tries to connect to the orange romania gprs network via pppd and chat
We use this setup with different providers for a few hundred devices and had never issues in needing to reconfigure pppd options to be able to connect to the GPRS Provider.
I have access to that device via VPN so i can change config options on the fly (at least for now)
The chatscript itselfs seems to connect correctly .
Here the cutted logs:
AT+COPS? +COPS: 0,0,"orange" OK AT+CGREG=1 OK +CGREG: 0 AT+CGATT=1 OK +CGREG: 2 +CGREG: 1 AT+CSQ +CSQ: 24,0 OK AT+CGAUTO=1 OK at+cgdcont=1,"IP","internet" OK AT+CGACT=1,1 OK AT+CGDATA=1 CONNECT Serial connection established. using channel 11 Using interface ppp0 Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/gsmmodem rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <mru 1500> <asyncmap 0x0> <pcomp> <accomp> <auth pap>] sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x1 <asyncmap 0x0> <magic 0x7e7f80ba> <pcomp> <accomp>] sent [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 <auth pap>] rcvd [LCP ConfRej id=0x1 <magic 0x7e7f80ba>] sent [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0> <pcomp> <accomp>] rcvd [LCP ConfReq id=0x2 <mru 1500> <asyncmap 0x0> <pcomp> <accomp>] sent [LCP ConfAck id=0x2 <mru 1500> <asyncmap 0x0> <pcomp> <accomp>] rcvd [LCP ConfAck id=0x2 <asyncmap 0x0> <pcomp> <accomp>] sent [IPCP ConfReq id=0x1 <addr 192.168.10.1> <ms-dns1 0.0.0.0> <ms-dns3 0.0.0.0>] sent [CCP ConfReq id=0x1 <deflate 15> <deflate(old#) 15> <bsd v1 15>] rcvd [LCP TermReq id=0x3] LCP terminated by peer sent [LCP TermAck id=0x3] Connection terminated.
here are the config options we currently use:
defaultroute noipdefault modem /dev/gsmmodem 115200 crtscts persist maxfail 1 debug nodetach novj asyncmap 0 name " " usepeerdns
http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/howto-diagnosis.phtml#debug and http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/PPP-HOWTO/options.html for some examples i did find on the subject and what i tried to change.
changing or removing the command line options MRU/MTU did not solve the issue, but only changed the response i got for the LCP ConfReq
/usr/sbin/pppd dump mru 1500 logfd 2 nodetach ipcp-accept-local ipcp-accept-remote connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/pppscript"
what i do find strange is the "conf_rej" auth pap part. if someone could point me to a direction where to look or what option i did need to fix i would be thankfully.
EDIT: In response to Michael Hampton comment i let the details of the sim contract be checked by my client:
It is a Prepaid card, but there is still enough Cash loaded on it , the contract has an unlimited GPRS traffic enabled, the simcard is activated (i just verified this with the client). The SimCard is working on an USB-UMTS Modem sticked to a laptop so in my opinion this rules out any issue with the Simcard and/or the provider connection itself.