I want to install dual OS on my system. I never done this and have some queries. I have a 500GB hard disk I want 3 partitions.
- for Windows OS (100GB)
- for Ubuntu (100GB)
- extra partition which is accessible from both OS.
My questions are the following
- How to install dual OS? Should I install Windows or Linux first?
- Is it possible to share a common partition in both OS? How?
- I have an
.ISOimage of both OS's, can I install directly from them without writing it to a DVD or pendrive?
- What format should I use, NTFS or FAT32 or some other? (Both OS's are 64-bit)
- Are there any drawbacks? Like performance, or any other?
- Is there any proper calculation to set a partition size? A friend of mine always does some calculations before creating partitions for better HDD speed and less waste.
Please, if possible give me links to some good tutorials.