I am not a Windows user, but we need to find a solution for converting Fahrenheit in Celsius degrees in MS Windows Vista?

I know that it should be possible using a formula, but is there any native way to make this conversion using the built-in calculator application? Note that I am not looking for alternatives but I just want to know if this is possible in Vista.

While it's available in Windows 7, 8 it's not available in Vista.


It's available in the included calculator application. I'm using Windows 8, but i think it's the same in Windows Vista. Windows 8 Screenshot - Just press Ctrl+U

You only need to press Ctrl+U.

Update: Looks like this answer is not correct. According to Wikipedia, the unit conversion feature comes with Windows 7.

Alternatives: While it's not built-in, you can download a third-party calculator instead. For example, i found this Conversion Calculator. In the web, there are a lot of sites for these as well. Even Google is one.

Hope this helps!

  • That's the issue! While it's available in Windows 7, 8 it's not available in Vista. Tested and it won't work. Mar 26 '14 at 7:51
  • 1
    Just updated my answer as well!
    – aIKid
    Mar 26 '14 at 7:51
  • Can you copy-paste the Wikipedia paragraph? I don't find it... Mar 26 '14 at 7:53
  • 1
    @IonicăBizău It's in the Windows 7 section.
    – aIKid
    Mar 26 '14 at 7:54
  • You should correct the complete answer then. It is clear that Vista still ships with the XP / previous calc.exe
    – Ray
    Mar 26 '14 at 12:27

enter image description hereYou can simply do this using Google. just type it as below

1 Fahrenheit = Celsius

and it will show an online converter where you can even enter custom values.

This can also be used to do different other conversions. I use it to to USD to INR conversion.


All the best.

  • 1
    It also understands 1F to C, which might be easier to remember
    – Izkata
    Mar 26 '14 at 18:29
  • And also 1F in C
    – Blorgbeard
    Mar 26 '14 at 19:19

You could use your Web Browser for this...

chrome and firefox have some extensions / addons for unit conversion,

Chrome: [ Cloudy Calculator ] :: 112,931 users / Rating 5/5 from 1353 users.

Firefox: [ Converter ] :: 11,911 users / Rating 5/5 from 51 user reviews.


you could use a gadget for this if you prefer... [ gadget link ]:

enter image description here enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.