I am trying to install openproject on a CentOS 6.5 (Release 3 from OVH) following this tutorial but with mysql in place of postgresql.
I'm nearly done but I can't seem to compile passenger for apache :
Here is the result :
Welcome to the Phusion Passenger Apache 2 module installer, v4.0.40.
This installer will guide you through the entire installation process. It shouldn't take more than 3 minutes in total.
Here's what you can expect from the installation process:
- The Apache 2 module will be installed for you.
- You'll learn how to configure Apache.
- You'll learn how to deploy a Ruby on Rails application.
Don't worry if anything goes wrong. This installer will advise you on how to solve any problems.
Press Enter to continue, or Ctrl-C to abort.
Which languages are you interested in?
Use to select. If the menu doesn't display correctly, press '!'
(*) Ruby ( ) Python ( ) Node.js ( ) Meteor
Checking for required software...
- Checking for C compiler... Found: yes Location: /usr/bin/cc
- Checking for C++ compiler... Found: yes Location: /usr/bin/c++
- Checking for Curl development headers with SSL support... Found: yes curl-config location: /usr/bin/curl-config Header location: /usr/include/curl/curl.h Version: libcurl 7.19.7 Usable: yes Supports SSL: yes
- Checking for OpenSSL development headers... Found: yes Location: /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h
- Checking for Zlib development headers... Found: yes Location: /usr/include/zlib.h
- Checking for Apache 2... Found: yes Location of httpd: /usr/sbin/httpd Apache version: 2.2.15
- Checking for Apache 2 development headers... Found: no
- Checking for Rake (associated with /home/openproject/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.0/wrappers/ruby)... Found: yes Location: /home/openproject/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.0/wrappers/rake
- Checking for OpenSSL support for Ruby... Found: yes
- Checking for RubyGems... Found: yes
- Checking for Ruby development headers... Found: yes Location: /home/openproject/.rvm/rubies/ruby-2.1.0/include/ruby-2.1.0/ruby.h
- Checking for rack... Found: yes
- Checking for Apache Portable Runtime (APR) development headers... Found: no
- Checking for Apache Portable Runtime Utility (APU) development headers... Found: no
Some required software is not installed. But don't worry, this installer will tell you how to install them. Press Enter to continue, or Ctrl-C to abort.
Installation instructions for required software
To install Apache 2 development headers: Please install it with yum install httpd-devel
To install Apache Portable Runtime (APR) development headers: Please install it with yum install apr-devel
To install Apache Portable Runtime Utility (APU) development headers: Please install it with yum install apr-util-devel
If the aforementioned instructions didn't solve your problem, then please take a look at the Users Guide:
/home/openproject/.rvm/gems/ruby-2.1.0/gems/passenger-4.0.40/doc/Users guide Apache.html http://www.modrails.com/documentation/Users%20guide%20Apache.html
So it seems that apr-devel, apr-util-devel and httpd-devel are missing. So I'm trying to install them :
yum install apr-devel apr-util-devel httpd-devel
But the result is very surprising :
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
- base: mirror.ovh.net
- epel: mirrors.coreix.net
- extras: mirror.ovh.net
- rpmforge: www.mirrorservice.org
- updates: mirror.ovh.net
1458 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Setting up Install Process
Package apr-devel-1.3.9-5.el6_2.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package apr-util-devel-1.3.9-3.el6_0.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
--> Running transaction check
---> Package httpd-devel.x86_64 0:2.2.15-29.el6.centos will be installed
--> Processing Dependency: httpd = 2.2.15-29.el6.centos for package: httpd-devel-2.2.15-29.el6.centos.x86_64
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: httpd-devel-2.2.15-29.el6.centos.x86_64 (base)
Requires: httpd = 2.2.15-29.el6.centos
Installed: httpd-2.2.15-29.1.el6.x86_64 (@LocalRepo)
httpd = 2.2.15-29.1.el6
Available: httpd-2.2.15-29.el6.centos.x86_64 (base)
httpd = 2.2.15-29.el6.centos
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
I'm interpreting this as the result of having OVH modify a lot of the files for their ow release thus preventing any kind of update. It is to be noted that I had to remove httpd* from the excludes in order to do anything.
2 Questions :
- What can I do about the httpd-devel package ?
- Why doesn't passenger recognize the apr packages ?