I have been formating my dell laptop for quite a while, I bought it back in 2012, with one year warranty, it ended last august, but I think since the moment I formatted it to windows 8.1 I probably made some change that fu**ed up my pc.
I have Inspiron 15R Special Edition:
- Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2 gHz
- 8GB DDR3
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ Bluetooth 4.0/ USB 3.0/ RJ-45
- 1 TB HDD + 32 GB SSD(mSata)
The bold part is to highlight the discs.
As I remember it was RAID 0 configured (I couldn't format it without selection drivers), and when I formatted it I always put the same O.S and key as I received, until I installed windows 8.1.
Now for some reason it enables me to format without selecting drivers (which mean my RAID 0 is gone), probably I made some changes on the BIOS booting system that I don't recall and made this happen.
But now, it takes about 6 minutes to boot completely in a RECENT FORMATTED WINDOWS 7! So by that matters I thought, OK, the SSD isn't allocated to boot my system, so I went looking for it and it was only 1Gb (that should be 32Gb!) thats is one of the problems which loosing my RAID did.
I want to restore my RAID to DELL default and get my SSD to work booting my system (it was about 20 seconds before and now its 6 minutes)
What I tried:
- Formatting 5 Times with AHCI, ATA, and Intel Smart Start boot way.
- Changing the O.S Image (but still the same version of windows that I bought)
- Downloading and installing all drivers for my HD, SSD and also Intel RST
Now I'm out of options don't know how to make it work again..
Can I receive any help?