Is this AC power cord connector a standard one? The pins seems to be rotated 90 degrees.

This ATX power supply unit (Silverstone ST1500) did not come with the cord and I am hoping to be able to get the power cord off ebay/Amazon/Digikey once it can be identified

enter image description here

  • Region of use? Where did you order the supply from?
    – Shamtam
    Apr 27, 2014 at 23:38
  • @Shamtam Its for use in America. Ordered off eBay in America.
    – Nyxynyx
    Apr 27, 2014 at 23:40
  • 1
    These sockets are very common on say, APC UPS units, due to the extra power load needed.
    – Sirex
    Apr 27, 2014 at 23:50
  • 1
    If it had a standard connector and a cheap power cord was used, a fire could result due to overheating of the power cord or its connector. Apr 27, 2014 at 23:50
  • @DavidSchwartz I would hope that nobody would mfr a cable that claimed up to 16A, but was actually too small a gauge... Apr 28, 2014 at 0:28

2 Answers 2


It looks like it is C19/C20 type connector

enter image description here

from Wikipedia:

Earthed, 16 A, polarized. This coupler is used for some IT applications where higher currents are required, as for instance, on high-power workstations and servers, uninterruptible power supplies, power distribution units, large network routers, switches, blade enclosures, and similar equipment. It is rectangular and has pins parallel to the long axis of the coupler face.

  • 4
    I'd add that its probably using this cord cause thats a beast of a PSU that draws a load of power this is worth a read
    – Journeyman Geek
    Apr 27, 2014 at 23:50
  • @JourneymanGeek, thank you! and... you mistyped the closing bracket in your comment.
    – VL-80
    Apr 27, 2014 at 23:57
  • This article says it has Class-leading eight +12V rails with 110A (Peak up to 120A). 110 A - this is A LOT!
    – VL-80
    Apr 27, 2014 at 23:59

Looks like you're looking for a IEC 60320 C19 to standard mains connector, like so. Of note, these cables are used commonly for things like UPS, server/rackmount equipment, etc.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .