In both the Sticky Notes program and the widget, these will work:
- To INCREASE text size: Ctrl+⇧ Shift+>
- To DECREASE text size: Ctrl+⇧ Shift+<
- To BOLDEN the text: Ctrl+B
- To ITALICIZE: Ctrl+I
- To UNDERLINE: Ctrl+U
- To STRIKETHROUGH: Ctrl+T
- To add a BULLET LIST: Ctrl+⇧ Shift+L
- To CAPITALISE: Ctrl+⇧ Shift+A
- To RIGHT ALIGN: Ctrl+R
- To CENTER ALIGN: Ctrl+E
- To LEFT ALIGN: Ctrl+L
These shortcuts should also work in most word processors - like word, pages etc...
To make the dimensions of the note bigger, dragging the dotted triangle at the bottom left should work, but if it doesn't, the note will automatically get bigger as you type more text, you should always be able to see all the text as long as it isn't longer
than your screen actually is.
For fonts, 2 options:
Copy and paste one letter in a font (like Times New Roman) from word (or similar) and then start editing from the pasted letter.
- Start > type
- Navigate to:
- On right pane Find "Segoe Print (TrueType)" and "Segoe Print Bold (TrueType)" - double click (don't forget to change both - one by one)
- Change the value (double click on font) to the file name of any other font that you wish to use that is already installed (eg. times.ttf)
- Restart the computer
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO THIS.
NOTE: THIS WILL STOP YOU FROM USING THE FONT YOU DELETE IN ALL APPLICATIONS
More info at Microsoft's Technet.